I am just getting back online after a beautiful Fourth of July weekend upstate. Part of my weekend included hosting a barbecue planned and thrown by my roommate. (I shamelessly love a good party!) I had a complete and total blast enjoying some summertime fun, and I hope you also celebrated in a way that felt good to your soul.
You see, part of my coaching philosophy involves having serious doses of fun in our lives. I believe that peak performance and optimal health require us to downshift, let our hair down and connect with others, while taking lots of recovery breaks. (Stress recovery is completely foundational to great health and success.)
In my coaching practice, I tend to work with women who are seriously ready to do whatever it takes to boost their energy, clarity and stamina so they can get on with being everything they are meant to be in the world. I know for me, peak performance requires much great self-care punctuated with lots of playtime. (If I don’t play enough in my life, I tend to lose my drive altogether.)
So, I teach my clients that success isn’t about who can get the most done in the least amount of time, damn any emotional, physical, spiritual and mental consequences or repercussions. Instead, I show them how to align with their highest priorities and their most cherished values, and live in accordance with their purpose in a way that is true to their unique strengths.
From there, I work with these inspiring women to develop new health routines and habits that support their highest good. I truly love helping high achieving women access peak productivity zones to get more done in less time, while simultaneously becoming more resilient to stress and healthier in general. That’s how I encourage and support them to achieve their ultimate success, however they interpret it for themselves.
What supports you to live your best life?
I encourage all of my clients to define clearly what success means to them. Success isn’t just about achieving for the sake of achievement; but rather, it’s about achieving heart centered goals with ease. That’s what I mean by “Success isn’t a race, it’s a rhythm.” A race implies an all-out-do-whatever-it-takes effort, while a rhythm embodies a sense of flow, grace, and ease. (Not everything always needs to be so damn hard!) Moreover, because things sometimes will be hard (and that’s okay) I work with my clients to amplify their psychological and physiological resilience so when the hard times do come, they have everything they need to continue to make great choices even in the face of stress and struggle.
For me, becoming more resilient is directly linked to joy, having fun, taking awesome care of my hormonal health, and pursuing goals that align with my values.
My philosophy, The Rhythm of Success, teaches you to engage the natural rhythms of rest and renewal, and minimize excess stress by not mistaking cultural values for personal ones, or by abandoning yourself on any level while taking adequate recovery time. I also work with women to uncover how they can better work in alliance with their hormones so they have an easier time achieving their goals. When we take time to rest and play, we have an easier time connecting to our deepest values. When we lead with our strengths, we make our biggest contribution with our greatest sense of ease. When we care for our emotional health we amplify our physiological and pyschological resilience. (Resilience is key, ladies!)
As women, achieving the Rhythm of Success means living in a way that honors the intricate nature of your endocrine system and promotes your hormonal balance, while simultaneously pursuing a vision for your life that is congruent with your most genuine values. Through my continuing research and life experience, I have come to understand hormonal health as a cornerstone to creating lasting, authentic success for women.
(If you are interested in learning more about how to make your hormonal health the cornerstone of your success, click here: http://myaccount.maestroconference.com/conference/register/OK5B5MIFN8WKMYN1 to sign up for my lady Alisa Vitti of FLOLiving.com’s, Cycle Syncing: The 4 Part Blueprint webinar that she’ll present Thursday, July 10th. This webinar will help you unlock your Rhythm of Success by outlining the blueprint embedded in your monthly cycle.)
To fully support you in rocking your Rhythm of Success this summer, I’ve put together a list of guiding principles that can help you achieve the all-important resilience and balance this summer.
This week I encourage you to choose one item from the list and work towards making it a habit. Remember: this is not about doing anything perfectly, but rather granting yourself permission to be human, ditching perfection for the far preferable optimal, and supporting your health with behaviors that expand and increase your happiness.
Jennifer Racioppi’s Guiding Principles to Rock your Rhythm of Success
- Sleep 7-9 hours per night regularly, or as regularly as possible.
- Eat breakfast with protein and have consistent meals throughout the day.
- Exercise regularly. (This may look different in the various phases of your monthly cycle.)
- Take full regeneration breaks every 90-120 minutes during the day. Go for a walk, engage in conversation and shift the focus entirely away from work.
- Grant yourself time to recover fully on a monthly basis.
- Balance high intensity, stressful periods with relaxation and play.
- Spend quality time with family members, friends and loved ones.
- Make gratitude a daily practice.
- Limit multitasking; focus on one project at a time.
- Prioritize long-term projects with high value and high leverage.
- Limit the amount of time you spend each day reacting to immediate crises (as well as you can.)
- Give yourself plenty of time to reﬂect, strategize and think creatively.
- Be certain to take multiple email-free vacations throughout the year, and regular email-free nights and weekends.
- Spend time doing what you enjoy the most, and are great at, to access your ﬂow.
- Get clear on your ultimate values and spend more time honoring them.
- Begin to develop a relationship with yourself that allows you to make decisions guided by a strong, clear sense of internal purpose, without succumbing to external demands.
- Journal your thoughts on a regular basis.
- Strive to make a positive difference in the world and the lives of others. Be of service.
- Connect with nature; pay attention to the seasons and get regular doses of sunlight and moonlight.
- Have regular dance parties!
Like I said, there’s no need to overwhelm yourself. Choose just one of these components and commit to it. You don’t have to do it perfectly; just do it with heart!
Here’s to Rockin’ Your Rhythm!
As always – all of my love!
P.S. Don’t forget to check out Alisa Vitti’s exclusive webinar, Cycle Syncing: The 4 Part Blueprint. She’ll help you unlock your Rhythm of Success by outlining the blueprint embedded in your monthly cycle. It’s FREE, but space is limited, so visit http://myaccount.maestroconference.com/conference/register/OK5B5MIFN8WKMYN1 to sign up today!