Transformative. Truth. Sensuality. Sexuality. Mystical. Just a few words to describe the auspicious full moon happening at 20 degrees of Scorpio on May 10th at 5:42 pm ET.
When the moon is full, its strong gravitational pull on the Earth makes for a time of peak creative energy and incredibly powerful intuitive breakthroughs. Full moons are the ultimate moment to embody the Divine Feminine.
And of all of the full moons in 2017, this full moon in Scorpio brings forth some of the most potent, powerful, and positive aspects—you don’t want to miss the opportunity to fill up on breakthrough energy from the goddess La Luna herself.
Tonight we can expect to feel the grounded capacities of earth signs just as much as we can expect the deep tenacious waters of Scorpio to speak to us. Powerhouse Pluto (Scorpio’s ruler) is in Capricorn, making a glorious angle to the Sun in satisfied and satiated Taurus. This divine connection empowers and emboldens our capacities to see and feel our deepest essence as the creators of our lives.
Further, when we look at Mars, the other ruling planet of Scorpio, we see another powerful and potent influence to take into consideration under tonight’s full moon. As mentioned above, Pluto is in a supportive angle, helping us magnify the transformational capacities this particular full moon holds for us. And Mars, in Gemini, also forms a positive angle known as a trine to Jupiter—the giver of good luck and abundance. This fortunate connection signifies breakthrough success aligning in auspicious ways.
But that’s not all. Mercury, now out of retrograde, snuggling close with Uranus, the planet of breakthrough and revolution, in fire sign Aries wants us to receive out-of-the-box intuitive downloads. Whatever comes through has the ability to stand the test of time, as both of these planets trine Saturn, the planet that rules time.
If that were not enough, Saturn, Mercury, and Uranus form a grand trine (a trifecta of support) with the North Node now in Leo.
What’s the North Node of Fate and Why Does it Matter?
At the time of this full moon, the Nodes of Fate will have just moved from Virgo-Pisces into the Leo-Aquarius axis, shifting our focus from service (Virgo) and spirituality (Pisces) to leadership (Leo) and innovation (Aquarius).
The North Node, part of the Nodal Axis, represents a point in the sky between the Sun, Moon and Earth, where the moon’s orbit converges with the Sun’s path. The North Node, representing where to focus to achieve our highest destiny, is in Leo, so it’s safe to say bold, self-assured courage leads us forward (hopefully) in progressive directions.
This full moon in Scorpio offers a luscious grand trine highlighting the North Node in Leo, signifying it’s time to step up and out—massively. It’s essential to wake up our inner strength and align with the highest version of Leo/Aquarius: heart-centered, joyous, and community-driven ideals.
All of this occurring in sync with the Sun waxing towards the upcoming solstice suggests the necessity of building in the direction of our bigger desires.
To capitalize on this full moon’s abundant positivity, I suggest a simple full moon ritual.
Want to plan ahead for every new and full moon for the remainder of 2017? Download my free guide here.
A Full Moon In Scorpio Ritual
- Take your new moon intentions a level deeper. Why did you make these intentions? What core mission in your life do they serve? Dig deep to unleash that inner motivation that fuels your achievement.
- Let go of what’s no longer serving you. Full moons initiate the waning phase of the moon, a time of release. You’ve identified your highest purpose. Now it’s time to evaluate and make the necessary changes to get back into sync with your ideals.
- Spend time outdoors under the moonlight. Moonlight is just as vital to women’s health as sunlight. It helps regulate the pituitary gland, which controls many of your body’s glands and hormones. Let the moonlight permeate your body, penetrate your soul, and evoke your truth within. Let it connect you to your own embodied power.
- Celebrate and express gratitude. The full moon is the peak moment of the month. It is a time of completion, so acknowledge all that you have achieved and be thankful for the energy that you have let in.
- Have an orgasm. Whether you engage a partner or not, don’t miss out on the potential of a moongasm, an orgasm happening in sync with the sexual and sultry powers of Scorpio. Orgasms are powerful health tools that release oxytocin and balance our hormones. They will help you relax and open even more deeply to the voice of your soul and intuitive knowing.