No doubt a full moon, especially a lunar eclipse, intensifies everything, especially the grieving process.
If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you know that I almost always cover current astrological events, including what’s going on at the new and full moon. I’ve loved contributing to the collective knowledge of astrology, positive psychology, and wellness in this way, but like the rest of the world, it’s time to evolve. (Yes, I am grieving. I think we all are for different reasons.)
I’m in a moment where I’m finishing my book, digesting the intensity in the world, and what that means for both our personal and collective healing, while deeply considering (and reconsidering, honestly) my role as a white woman with a platform.
When I started this work, manifesting with the moon was cutting edge. There was very little work out there around living by lunar cycles, and I’m extremely proud of the work I’ve done to bring this essential knowledge into the mainstream. That said, there’s still so much potent, powerful work to be done, and I’m called to put forth more fresh, vibrant content. So, I, look you are grieving what can no longer be!
Astrology: An Ancient Remembering of Nature’s Cycles
When it comes down to it, astrology is an ancient remembering of the cycles that rule our lives and the planet we live on. I’ve lived and practiced this truth daily for the past two decades of my life, and have taught others to do the same. But as we all step into this new era filled with critical issues and injustices, it’s time to consider this ancient wisdom in the context of our collective rising.
It’s not just about amping up your personal productivity at the full moon so you feel at ease in your own life. It’s about unraveling all that no longer serves us and getting clear on our healing journey so that we can get the world right. The journey doesn’t end with ourselves. It ends when all of us are free. (This requires a grieving process.)
Grieving: Releasing With The Full Moon & Aligning With Truth
As I start to dream of ways to innovate my blog, it’s clear; I have so much I want to cover. This included the connection between astrology and feminism, wellness, our personal healing, our collective health, climate change, social justice, and tons more. Yes, the potency of new and full moons posts will be a part of that, for sure. And… I am excited about the new content I am working on too.
This lunar eclipse couldn’t be a better time to make the transition. Not only does this eclipse close out the summer series that began with the lunar eclipse in Sagittarius on June 5th, but it also closes out the eclipse series on the Cancer/Capricorn axis that began in 2018. This is also a south node eclipse, meaning that it marks a definitive ending point.
With that in mind…
- What’s coming up for you?
- What do you find called to move away from in pursuit of something more cosmically aligned?
- What are you grieving?
- How are you grieving? (Aka, what does grief look like for you?)
Every ending brings forth a new beginning—when we’re ready to see what’s coming in on the horizon. With so many planets retrograde and the eclipse portal closing up shop for the summer, this can be a very hazy, in-between sort of time. If you aren’t sure exactly what you want or where you’re going, it’s completely okay. Let it marinate for a minute. And, don’t be afraid to grieve. Doing so is incredibly important.
Give your heart and body time to catch up with your thoughts. As you grieve what can no longer be, give yourself the space you need to digest the changes you are experiencing.
That’s what I’m doing this summer—taking that step back so I can grieve and see what this new beginning will look like for me.
This is a time of great uncertainty. And it’s okay to grieve that! Yes, I believe that magic blooms from chaos, but I also understand (and feel it myself) that so much uncertainty can be extremely painful. Feel it all, love. Cry, scream, or (safely) through a plate against the wall. It’s the first step in clearing the path toward your new beginning and a new beginning for us all.
Lunar Eclipse in Capricorn: Need-To-Knows
Happening at 12:44 am ET on July 5th (though many of us will still be up celebrating from the 4th), this powerful eclipse in Capricorn occurs on America’s birthday as we begin to digest our country’s Pluto return (which will come into fully into play over the next couple of years).
Here’s what you need to know:
- This is the third eclipse in this really potent season of eclipses that have been radically transformative (think about how much has changed since June 5th!)
- It’s the last Capricorn south node eclipse for over 18 years.
- Jupiter and Pluto, which many astrologers think contributed to the levers of ignition that correlated with COVID-19, are conjoined at 23/24 degrees of Capricorn. This is the second conjunction of three in 2020.
- Mercury is now retrograde and will station direct on July 12th.
- Venus is now direct–hallelujah!
- Saturn is stationed at a pivotal 29 degrees in Capricorn, pivoting back into the sign of government, structures, and tradition after a short stint in Aquarius.
- Mars is now at 4 degrees of his home sign, Aries, where he’ll stay for the rest of the year.
- Neptune and Uranus are in a strong position to the planets in Capricorn. We do have some positivity here! These placements allow us to grieve what we need to grieve while still keeping the process productive.
- The sun in Cancer is conjoined with the asteroid Vesta at this eclipse. Vesta is all about honoring our home base, triggering our desire to feel safe and secure now.
It’s a lot, I know.
Just remember: this is an eclipse, and as the wild card of the cosmos, it’s potentially volatile. That said, we have power over our own reactions in times of chaos. Be sure to mind your energy, bring consciousness into the simplest parts of your day, and think deeply about the symbolism of this eclipse. The fact that it’s happening on America’s birthday, during our country’s Pluto return, all while we’re dismantling so much of the caste system and racial hierarchy that this country is built on? That’s huge.
What’s coming up for you this summer? How have you shifted—mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually—since the end of May?
Please know that I’m always here for you, even as my content is shifting. I’m truly thrilled to give myself the space to call in this new beginning and create this new content for you.
All my love,